ALLIED HEALTH CAN CONTINUE WORKING……
MYPHYSIO is still here and open for business at GESAC. After some confusing messages in the media on the weekend, we are grateful for the clarifying comments yesterday of the Federal Health Minister, The Hon Greg Hunt, who confirmed “that ALL allied health businesses can continue working and are encouraged to do so”.
We continue to follow all guidelines regarding hygiene, hand-washing and social-distancing, as well as screening for clients who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
We are determined, and are doing our outmost, to maintain the highest standards of infection control at the clinic, to protect clients and staff.
With the announcement from the Department of Health and Human Services, GESAC’s Pool and Gymnasium have closed. Due to the pool closure, MYPHYSIO hydrotherapy consultations have been cancelled until further notice.
During this disrupted period, we are keen to assist you progress in your goals. To this end, if you have been receiving aquatic physiotherapy services, we recommend a review with one of our highly-skilled physiotherapists, in order to establish a goal-directed, land-based program. This review is best conducted in-rooms, however if this is not suitable, then a video-based review can be conducted (further details below)
NOW TAKING APPOINTMENTS AND CLINICAL REFORMER CLASSES
We have capped our Clinical Reformer classes to 3 participants per session, and have removed excess equipment to generously allow for safe social distancing.
WHAT WE ARE DOING:
We have reviewed and reinforced our routine infection control procedures, including:
- Thorough hand washing after each consultation, supplemented by the routine use of Hospital Grade antiseptic hand rub.
- Maintain routine linen changes
- Disinfection of our treatment tables after each consultation
- Ongoing use of single-use paper face hole covers
- Clients access to hand sanitiser in treatment rooms, reception and pilates studio
- Increased frequency of cleaning for all pilates and exercise equipment, beds, desks, door handles, taps, and other item
WHAT YOU CAN DO?
- Please use our hand sanitiser upon entering and exiting MYPHYSIO
- For hygiene reasons please bring your own towel for use during exercise classes or treatment.
- If you have recently returned from overseas, you need to follow Australian Government protocols and self-isolate.
- If you display flu-like symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for the virus (or is suspected to have contracted the virus) in the last 14 days, please let us know.
We will cancel your appointment / class and reschedule, once you have provided us with a medical clearance. Any cancellation fees associated with this will of course be waived. In this circumstance we are able to conduct telephone consultations to direct and optimise the management of your physio/allied health related condition.
We are also establishing our Telehealth (video consult) service.
Additional services available to you:
Telehealth Consultations – Via Zoom And PhysiApp
We are also establishing a Telehealth service, utilising web-based video technology (through Zoom and PhysiApp). Telehealth consultations provide an extensive range of benefits that allow for:
- A thorough interview regarding your problems, progress and pitfalls
- A physical assessment of your movements and performance on functional tasks
- Review and update of your goals
- Establishment of a treatment plan for you
- Exercise prescription, demonstration and a video-based program for you to follow at home
- Daily SMS reminders to keep your exercise routine on track
- Tracking of your symptoms and completion of your exercises by your physio
- Unlimited messaging with your treating therapist
- The supply of additional supporting educational content: Videos and PDF’s
Where face to face consultations are required or preferred, and attendance at the clinic not practical, our Physiotherapists came come to you. We can provide home visits for all of our clients including our elderly and those with special needs
AFTER HOURS ADVICE LINE – 1300 IM HURT
We have an established after-hours hotline that you can call 24/7 if you require any advice or direction regarding the management of any new or existing conditions.
Simply call 1300 IM HURT (that is 1300 464 878).
STAY SAFE – STAY ACTIVE
We encourage you all to follow standard infection control guidelines, get 8-10 hours sleep per night and continue to exercise daily. Go for a walk, enjoy the sunshine, jog, skip and stay in contact with family and loved ones.
We will continue to update you on our plans, and plenty of suggestions on how to protect your musculoskeletal health, or continue to develop your strength and athleticism during these challenging times. There remains plenty of opportunity to invest in your health!
FOLLOW US ON:
CONTACT US TODAY IF YOU REQUIRE FURTHER INFORMATION AND/OR TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT.
FREECALL: 1800 MY PHYSIO (1800 697 497) or 9570 7181